A specially designed tool to safely remove and install the high tension valve springs that act on the intermediate levers on BMW valvetronic engines. Ensures quick, easy and safe hanling of these high-force springs.
Equivalent to BMW factory tool 117110.
This is an updated version of KM730-B and now fits all N51, N52 and N55 engines including those fitted with the new 55mm wide VVT spring blocks.
Application Make: BMW
Applicable to the following engine families that are used broadly across the BMW range of vehicles:
- N51 – Normally aspirated Inline 6, produced from 2004-2011 featuring dual VANOS and Valvetronic.
- N52 – A low-emissions version of N51 … same specifications and production dates.
- N53 – Normally aspirated Inline 6, produced from 2007-2011 featuring dual VANOS and Direct Injection. Not used in North America.
- N54 – Twin-turbo Inline 6, produced from 2006-2008 featuring dual VANOS and Direct Injection.
- N55 – Single-turbo Inline 6, produced from 2009-present featuring dual VANOS, Valvetronic and Direct Injection.